Hello, Sandía Fashion culinary lovers! Sure, watermelon is delicious and refreshing when you eat it fresh, but have you ever considered cooking it? In this article, I’ll take you on an unusual culinary journey by showing you two recipes to prepare cooked watermelon. Yes, you read that right, cooked watermelon. These recipes will make you look at watermelon in a whole new way – get ready for a unique culinary experience!
Cooked Watermelon: Easy Recipe
Ingredients cooked watermelon recipe
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A pinch of salt
- Nutmeg (optional)
Cooked watermelon recipe
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the watermelon and sauté for a few minutes until it begins to caramelise slightly.
- Add the honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Stir well to infuse the watermelon with these delicious flavours.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the watermelon is tender and caramelised.
- If desired, sprinkle with a touch of nutmeg for extra flavour.
- Serve hot as a side dish or dessert.
This recipe is a surprise in every bite. The caramelisation brings out the natural sweetness of the watermelon and the flavours of honey and cinnamon make it even more delicious.
Ingredients pan-fried watermelon
- 4 thick slices of watermelon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
Recipe pan-fried watermelon
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the pan is very hot, place the watermelon slices in the pan.
- Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until the watermelon has a golden brown grilled appearance.
- Remove the watermelon from the pan and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or appetizer.
Pan-seared watermelon is an unexpectedly delicious experience. The grilling enhances the natural sweetness of the watermelon, and the combination with feta cheese and basil adds a surprising touch of freshness and flavour.
So, the next time you come across a juicy watermelon, consider trying one of these out-of-the-ordinary recipes. Cooking watermelon can be a culinary surprise that changes your perception of this delicious summer fruit – get ready to discover new flavours with these cooked watermelon recipes!