The menopause is a natural process that women experience as they get older, causing both internal and external changes in their bodies, which can directly affect their health. It is therefore important to know the best foods for menopause.
A balanced diet can help reduce symptoms and maintain good health.
25 best foods for menopause
Here are the 25 best foods for menopause:
- Watermelon: is a fruit that contains a large amount of essential nutrients for women’s health, as well as vitamin C. It reduces the risk of heart disease, protects the immune system and helps prevent breast cancer. It reduces the risk of heart disease, protects the immune system and helps prevent breast cancer. Sandía Fashion is your perfect ally.
- Soya: has plant compounds that help reduce some menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.
- Broccoli: is a vegetable that contains phytoestrogens, which are compounds that mimic the effects of oestrogen in the body, as well as being rich in vitamin C and folic acid, which is important for bones.
- Yoghurt: has nutrients that are essential for bone health. It also contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of intestinal flora.
- Lentils: are a great source of plant-based proteins that help lower cholesterol levels and improve gut health.
- Salmon: the fatty acids it contains help to improve cardiovascular health.
- Avocado: contains vitamins C, E, K, saturated fats and fibre, all of which can help reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Nuts: they have vitamins, healthy fats, vegetable proteins and magnesium, which are important for bone health. If you snack between meals, make sure it’s a healthy food.
- Flaxseeds: compounds such as fatty acids help to improve stress and cardiovascular health.
- Eggs: are a good source of protein and vitamins such as B vitamins, which are important for the nervous system.
- Quinoa: fibre and vegetable protein, it can reduce cholesterol levels and improve intestinal health.
- Spinach: a vegetable with calcium, iron and vitamin K, which is important for cardiovascular health and blood clotting.
- Tomatoes: with vitamin C and lycopene, antioxidants that help reduce stress and protect the immune system, don’t forget to add them to your salads!
- Apple: the fibre and antioxidants it contains help reduce cholesterol and impr
- Pumpkin: fibre and vitamin A help maintain skin health and improve digestion.
- Carrot: antioxidants and vitamin A help protect eye health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Red berries: vitamin C and antioxidants help protect the immune system and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Olive oil: the healthy fats and antioxidants it contains may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and improve brain health.
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds may help reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Green tea: rich in antioxidants. It may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and some cancers, as well as helping to improve bone density. End your day with a cup of tea and relax.
- Red peppers: are rich in vitamin C, which is important for the immune system and skin health.
- Dark chocolate: contains antioxidants and magnesium, the latter of which is important because it maintains hormonal balance. It also helps to improve mood and reduce anxiety, which are common symptoms during menopause. Who can resist an ounce?
- Almonds: have nutrients, calcium, magnesium, vitamin E and healthy fats that help lower cholesterol. It also has estrogen which can help reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Aubergine: has fibre and antioxidants, compounds that help to reduce the level of oestrogen and prevent breast cancer.
- Blueberries: are a food rich in antioxidants, which protect the body against chronic diseases such as cancer. They may also help reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Including these foods in your daily diet can help reduce the effects of menopause and maintain overall good health. However, a healthy diet is only one part of menopause care. If you have any questions about your health, you should consult your doctor. As you can see, Sandía Fashion accompanies you in all stages of your life. Count on it even during the menopause and enjoy it.